Wednesday, 8 December 2010

fallen trees

Here are a couple fallen trees that I've been working on.
I started by gluing polystyrene tiles to old CDs and when dry, I trimmed away unwanted material and roughened up the surface a bit.

The central part was cut out to form the root ball and then large twigs were pushed into the top to form the dead tree and smaller twigs were pushed in the bottom to make the roots. A few smaller twigs were also pushed in the base section.

I then glued the root ball in place onto the base section. It helps to push a couple twigs into the base section to act as pegs for the root ball to make the structure more secure.

Basing material is then applied and left to dry.

All that is then required is to paint the basing material and add flock to taste.

I then went on to use the same method to make a larger, completely fallen tree.