Tuesday 26 November 2013

Windmill

To start off, I suppose I should say that the initial plan was to build a small road side tavern. The shop in town which used to be my source for balsa closed a while ago which just leaves me with what I have in stock. This reserve, unfortunately, wasn't enough to build the tavern so I fell back onto a plan to build a windmill that I have had on the back burner for some time. It was meant to be a generic mill which could be found in 18th century Europe or North America. The one I had in mind, in particular, was the one which stood near Quebec City in what is now the grounds of Des Braves Park. I don't know what this mill would have looked like, nor do I know if anyone else does but I would have guessed that this wouldn't be a million miles away.
The construction is mostly made from balsa with some toilet paper used for canvas on the sails. The flour sacks are made from Milliput and the block and tackles and the ladder are from the bits box.








No comments:

Post a Comment